Monday, August 9, 2010

Pumpkins & Broomsticks

I am not a Halloween fan. I don't decorate my home for Halloween (other than carving a pumpkin) or throw lavish parties. Sure, we'll dress up the kids and take them out trick-or-treating to a few neighborhood homes, but that's pretty much the extent of it. When the cooler weather hits, my thoughts turn to Christmas.

SO, when the new catalogue comes out, I usually just skim over the Halloween stuff. Of course, every so often a set will jump out at me that I just HAVE to have. One of the sets I've already mentioned is the Greeting Card Kids. I just fell in love with those adorable little children! One of the stamps in the set is a little witch and is not one I would have purchased had the stamps been available individually (even though she IS adorable). Of course, when I buy a new set, I try to use each image at least once. SO, last night I decided to sit down and stamp a Halloween card. It will most likely be the ONLY Halloween card I stamp this year! ;)

The original colors I'd planned to use were Basic Black & Pumpkin Pie. When I started watercoloring the little girl's dress, I decided I didn't want to go with a traditional black, so decided to try blue instead. 


I stamped and colored her twice and used dimentionals to pop her up off the pumpkin a bit. A little sponging and some paper piercing helped finish it off.



I tore the bottom edge and embossed the Always Artichoke cardstock with my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and sponged over the top a bit with my Early Espresso classic ink. This helped make the embossed areas pop a bit more.  I then layered that over a piece of Early Espresso cardstock I'd punched with my Scallop Edge Border Punch.



I absolutely love that we now carry twill tape on a spool and dressed it up with a little 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon and a clear rhinestone brad.



What do you think?  Hope you like it!

Happy Stamping!








Stamps:  Greeting Card Kids, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie (textured & smooth), Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pacific Point Classic, Pumpkin Pie Classic, Early Espresso Classic, Sahara Sand Classic, Blush Blossom Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories: 3/8" Twill Tape, 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Stampin' Dimensionals
Fun Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Sponge Daubers, Aqua Painter, Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online