Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Grrrrreat Birthday Wishes

I am ALWAYS running out of birthday cards, so last night I decided to stamp one...and not just ANY birthday card, but challenged myself to make a MASCULINE birthday card!  I have just as much trouble stamping masculine cards as I do stamping simple ones!

I flipped through my stamp sets and decided to use one called Under the Stars which I've had for quite awhile.  I also wanted to use some of my new Woodland Walk designer series paper.  I thought the wood grain print would work perfectly with the bear in the set.  Here's my card.  (Click the image for a closer peek).
 

Nothing super fancy with this one.  I used my linen thread to "sew" the bear image to the card front.  When I tore the designer paper, I loved the look of the white core that was left showing.  I popped up both the bear and smore images with dimentionals for some added texture. 


The "stitching" on the card was done with my paper piercer and markers! Love it!  Hope you do too! :)

Happy Stamping!









Stamps: Under the Stars, Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Woodland Walk DSP, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy Classic, Early Espresso Classic, Soft Suede Classic, Sahara Sand Classic, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker.
Accessories: Linen Thread, 3/8" Twill Tape, Stampin Dimenstionals
Fun Tools: Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Curly Label Punch, Scallop Border Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Aquapainter, needle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online