Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fee fi fo...film?

With the wet weather outside, I knew I wouldn't be leaving the house today, so I wanted to spend some time in my craft room. I pulled out a brand new set I'd received as a gift from Stampin' Up! that I hadn't used yet. It's the hostess set called Because I Care. 


This is an exclusive hostess-only stamp set that is not available for purchase, but can be earned FREE with a qualifying party.  If you'd like the opportunity to earn this set, give me call!

Once again I was browsing the Mojo Monday blog for inspiration and came across a sketch from May.


When I saw the color blocks, I remembered an awesome technique I'd learned at one of the demonstrator get-togethers I'd been to.  It's called the Faux Filmstrip technique.  I thought it would work perfectly for this card sketch.   Originally I had something super bright and whimsical in mind, but when I started pulling colors together, my idea changed.  This is what I came up with.  Click the image for a closer peek.


I am SO happy with the results!  I used one of our flower designer brads on the ribbon and one of our new self-adhesive rhinestones to add a little extra sparkle. 


It may be hard to see, but I used our textured Rich Razzleberry cardstock for the first layer.  I absolutely LOVE the look of an image stamped on textured cardstock - it just has a slightly aged/vintage look to it.


The film strip is just a strip of our Basic Black cardstock and punched along each side with our spiral punch and then three Whisper White blocks punched with our 1-1/4" square punch!  So simple!  Can't you just see this on a scrapbook page using photos instead of white blocks?  How adorable would that be!

If you try your hand at this technique, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online