Sunday, August 8, 2010

A KISS Card

I have a difficult time making simple cards. Sounds ridiculous, right? But it's true! I always want to keep adding additional layers, embellishments or techniques! A fellow demonstrator used the term "KISS" (Keep It Simple Sweetie) for some of her cards and so I thought I would challenge myself and make a KISS card.

I wanted to use another new set I recently purchased called Pedaling Past from our current Holiday Mini catalogue. I loved the little tricycle as soon as I saw it. :)

Here's my card: (Click the image for a closer peek)




Wouldn't this make an adorable card for a new little baby boy?  I wrapped the top with some of our linen thread and added a small knot using a piece of our twill tape.  I could have stamped or even dyed the twill tape, but I was supposed to keep this one simple, so I left it as is. ;)

The tricycles are stamped using our Crumb Cake & Marina Mist Classic ink and the cardstock is Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla.


The "Congratulations" is from the set Well Scripted which I realized after I used it that it's no longer available!  It was in our Occasions Mini from a few months ago.  Oops.  There are a few current sets that could easily replace that stamp such as Curly Cute or A Word for You.  Both sets are available in wood or clear mount.

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online