Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Snow Swirled

Wow, what a day! I've been hearing reports of falling snow around us, but so far we've only got rain here (which I'm ok with at the moment!).

Of course, the rain certainly hasn't put a damper on my "festive" mood and I was quite happy to have a quiet (which is rare!) opportunity to sit down and stamp a Christmas card.  This past week I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Northern Frost sizzlet die, so when it finally arrived yesterday evening, I was so excited to try it out and was thrilled to have the opportunity this morning.

Would you like to see what I've come up with? Here it is!


I started with a piece of our Riding Hood Red cardstock for the base which I stamped with the large snowflake from our Snow Swirled stamp set.  I added a piece of our "Letters to Santa" designer paper and pulled the colors from that.  I find it so easy to coordinate colors when I use our designer paper - it's like a custom little color palette all ready to choose from!

The main image is stamped using the tree from our Snow Swirled set and using our 2-way glue pen, I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter for sparkle.  You can't go wrong with glitter!  It's a little difficult to tell from the picture, but I can assure you it's super sparklie (is that even a word?).


To finish it off, I used one of the large snow flakes which I cut out of Whisper White cardstock.  Some of the snow flakes have a hole in the center and so I just threaded my ribbon through the hole and tied a knot.




I absolutely LOVE the intricate detail on these snowflakes!  They are so pretty.  I can't wait to cut them out of the decor elements vinyl I just ordered and adhere them to our windows this year.

Have you been inspired to stamp any Christmas cards this year?  I would love to see them!

Thanks for popping by!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online