Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Color Coach Combo

I had a few spare moments this afternoon while my kids were happily spending time in the playroom, so I treated myself to a few minutes of stamping. One of the colors I knew I wanted to work with was Riding Hood Red. It's not one I normally go to (I prefer the richness of our Cherry Cobbler) so I flipped through our Color Coach to see what color suggestions I could work with. The first suggestion was:



I had all three colors, so I went with that.

I also wanted to ink up a new stamp I just received. It's our "Elizabeth" stamp and it's one of the few individual stamps we carry in our Idea Book & Catalogue. AND, until the end of March, you can actually receive it FREE with a $60 order!  That's right!  It's one of our Sale-a-Bration options!!!

Are you ready to see what I created?

Ta Da!!!
 
 
Isn't it cute?  Not bad for a card that took less than 10 minutes!!!

The butterflies were cut out with my Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die and my Big Shot.  I also used my Big Shot and my Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder to add some additional texture to the background.  I highlighted it a bit more by sponging on a little Early Espresso ink.


I finished it off with some Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon & a few of our Pearls.  Let me know if you try this color combo!

Happy Stamping!


ETA:  An hour after I finished the card, I went back to look at it and it just didn't feel "finished" to me.  I decided to add a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock punched with our Scallop Trim Border Punch (# 118402).  I think it finishes it off perfectly.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online