Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pool Party

Another sneak peek! I had an opportunity to sit down for a couple minutes this afternoon and decided to stamp a simple card using another one of our upcoming In Colors that will be available July 1st!

The color I used is "Pool Party" and with a name like that, it has to be exciting! when I first saw it, I thought it looked very similar to our Baja Breeze color, but when I compared the two, Pool Party is definitely a lot lighter and has more of a pale green undertone. Think beautiful Caribbean ocean!



Once again I picked a color combo from my Color Coach and this one was Pool Party, Wild Wasabi & Chocolate Chip and decided to use my "Simply Said" stamp set. This set is actually on the retirement list and is only available until the end of June!


With a stylus and my Frost White shimmer paint, I added some small shimmery dots to the flower centers on my card base as well as the petals on the main image. So pretty.  I also used my paper piercer and my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker for the faux zig-zag stitching along the side.



I finished it off with some of our new scallop edge polka dot ribbon (available July 1st) and some of our Espresso/White Bakers Twine from our Summer Mini catalogue!


I absolutely love this card and put it together is less than 15 minutes.

Hope you like it.  

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online