Friday, January 6, 2012

Quick & Simple...

Last night while I spent some time in my craft room cleaning up, I came across a package of our Whisper White 3-1/2 x 5 pre-scored Note cards. They come in a package of 20 WITH envelopes for only $7.50 and when I ordered them last year for a project (that I ended up not making) I had tucked them away and completely forgotten about them.




When I discovered them last night, I thought they would be a great base to start with for a quick and simple card when short on time.

This is what I came up with:



I started by cutting and embossing one edge with our new Adorning Accents Edgelit die and coordinating embossing folder and sponged the edge with an ink color I chose from the designer series paper I wanted to use. I cut a piece of 2" x 5" Paisley Petals designer paper and sponged the two long edges before adhering to the card front.

I added a piece of Sticky Strip over one edge of the designer paper and added a piece of Seam Binding ribbon that I "scrunched" before sticking it down.

I stamped the "For You" image from our new "Apothecary Art" stamp set, cut it out with the coordinating Labels Framelits die and matted it on a piece of colored cardstock also cut with the Labels Framelit die (I just used the next size up). Adhered it all to the card front with a few dimensionals and it was finished! A quick and simple card perfect for any occasion. :)

Happy Stamping!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how you tempt me to buy more toys. These are simple and elegant cards made with my all time favourite designer paper. You can't go wrong with that one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online