Thursday, January 13, 2011

Occasions Mini - My First Project

Before the Occasions Mini Catalogue was available to the public, Stampin' Up! demonstrators were able to preorder the products (one of the many perks of being a demonstrator!). I waited until pretty much the last second to order, but I did order a few things. I showed you a couple of the digital downloads I'd ordered here but I also ordered a few "real" products that I can't wait to show you.

When I had an opportunity to spend some time in my craft room the other night, I decided to try out a few of my new goodies and stamp a card.  The following card uses our new Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon & Nature Walk stamp set!  


(Click the picture for a closer peek)

I kept the card simple.  No sponging and actually not much stamping either.  I absolutely love my new Framed Tulips embossing folder!  With this folder and my Big Shot, it was so quick and easy to add a frame to the front of my card and yet it adds so much to the project!  To finish off my card, I added three of our self-adhesive Basic Pearls.  LOVE those things!  (Those and our Rhinestones are right at the top of the list of my absolute FAV accessories!)


Before cutting any paper, I wanted to make sure I was going to be 100% happy with the design, so I decided to create my card with My Digital Studio first.  Here's my digital copy!





I didn't have the option of the Tulip embossing folder, so I just filled my edges with some designer paper instead.  Oh, and the Pearls?  I haven't purchased that digital download (yet!) so I just used three digital Antique Brads and shrunk them down to the size of a pearl.  I was just building my layout before cutting into my real product, so it didn't have to be perfect, right. ;)

Anyway, I had an awesome time working with my new products and can't wait to start creating with some of the other new goodies I've ordered.  (I'll show them to you in a later post).

If you'd like to try out any of the new products, give me a call!  I'd love to show you and a few friends what other great new products Stampin' Up! is offering!  Don't forget...Sale-A-Bration is right around the corner!  What an awesome time to host a party and earn even MORE free product!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online