Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Birthday wishes...

Just a quick post I thought I'd share of a birthday card I stamped for a friend of mine this week using one of my favorite stamps - Friends 24/7.  I just love the bird (which I colored with some of my Stampin' Write markers before stamping) and the damask stamp which I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink to make my own tone-on-tone custom designer paper.

For the first time ever, I also pulled out my sewing machine and sewed around the entire Very Vanilla/Chocolate Chip cardstock layers - a simple technique and one I think I'll start to use more often!

Click on the picture for a closer view.  These colors aren't ones I would normally work with, but I wanted to try something different and was happy with the end result.



Happy Stamping!










Project materials:  
Stamps:  Friends 24/7, Thoughts & Prayers, Canvas Background, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Stampin' Write Markers: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun
Cardstock:  Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue

Accessories:  5/8" Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread; Stampin' Dimensionals, 
Tools:  Sponge Daubers, Sewing Machine, Curly Label Punch, Large Oval Punch

1 comment:

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online