Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fit for a Queen...made for a Princess!

Our little "princess" turned one last weekend and to celebrate we...who am I kidding...I decided we just HAVE to host a small little "princess party" for her complete with a "castle" cake this coming weekend.

For her party invitations, I used Stampin' Up!'s pop-up cake die with my Big Shot and our new Designer Paper "Cottage Wall". LOVE the colors!!!!

To decorate the cake, I punched the top edge of each "layer" with my scallop edge punch and added a single birthday candle complete with a dazzling diamond glittered "flame".



To decorate the inside a bit more and allow the white inside layer to move slightly when being folded/unfolded, I used our Eyelet Border punch along the edge and folded it over to make a small pocket.



When folded, I used our new Whisper White organza ribbon to tie it closed. I printed the tag on my printer in a purple to match the cardstock. I wanted to keep it fairly simple, so I only used one stamp on the front.



Enjoy!

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink: Orchid Opulence; Summer Sun Stampin' Write Marker (candle flame)
Accessories: Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stick Strip Adhesive
Tools: Pop-up Cake Die, Big Shot, Eyelet Border Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder, Crop-o-Dile

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging. I've added you to my blog list ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to know what you thought!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online